- Make a smooth henna paste by sifting the dry mehndi / henna powder to remove any debris and adding to it a hot mixture of tea or coffee and mustard oil until it has a mud-like firmness.
- After the paste is ready take a plastic cone with a very fine key-hole at the end. Pour the paste into the cone and tie the broader end with a rubber band.
- Hold the cone in the right hand and gently squeeze the paste on the palm and start making patterns.
- Keep the palm horizontal and let the patterned-paste rest on it till dry.
- Warm it near the fire and leave it on for as long as it takes to get the stains deeper.
- When it is almost dry, dab a piece of cotton in sugar and lemon solution and apply lightly on the designs so it further darkens to a reddish-brown hue that can last for weeks.
- After 2-4 hours wash off the hands with plain water.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Mehndi Hand Design
The Steps To Apply Mehendi (Mehndi):